Aikido of Red Bank
Covid-19 Response & Protocols
Since the mandatory shutdown in March 2020 in the effort to stop the spread of Covid-19, and as the state of NJ allowed for businesses like ours to reopen gradually with less and less restriction over the months that followed, we diligently worked and made great strides to ensure that the health and safety of our dojo community were of the highest priority.
In keeping with recommendations and guidelines by the state and CDC, some of the measures we have taken and continue include:
- Replacement of the filters in our heating/cooling systems with MPR 1500 filters, 12 rating.
- Purchased and strategically placed two free-standing air purifiers with True HEPA filters, covering up to 1500 square feet each.
- Installed multiple fans on both the floor and ceiling, while also keeping our front entrance and emergency exit doors open to ensure optimal air flow and circulation.
- Stationed a hand sanitizer dispenser at our front entrance.
- Daily disinfecting of our training mats and other surfaces commonly used by hand.
- As of August 2021 during this time of Delta variant surge, in our dojo masks are required for unvaccinated persons, strongly recommended for those vaccinated.
- Encouraged our practitioners to openly and kindly communicate with one another if there is any concern in working with a training partner. No judgments - health and safety first.
We have had zero in-dojo Covid case transmission since reopening in the Fall of 2020, which we firmly believe is due entirely to consistently executing these protocols.